Photos by Gillian Welch
Collaborators Gillian Welch and David Rawlings have released All The Good Times, a collection of ten acoustic covers that were recorded on a reel-to-reel system at home. The album includes covers of Bob Dylan, John Prine and many more.
“TO OUR FRIENDS AND FANS, for reasons better discussed in the history books, in the Spring of 2020 Gillian and I dusted off an old tape machine and did some home recording,” wrote Rawlings in a statement. “Sometimes we bumped the microphone, sometimes the tape ran out, but in the end we captured performances of some songs we love. Five are first takes and five took a little more doing, but they all helped pass the time and held our interest in playback enough that we wanted to share them with you. We sincerely hope that you enjoy ‘ALL THE GOOD TIMES’.”
The album features a cover of Bob Dylan’s “Señor,” John Prine’s “Hello In There,” Norman Blake’s “Ginseng Sullivan” and multiple traditional tunes. Check out the full tracklist below.
All The Good Times Tracklist
- Oh Babe It Ain’t No Lie (Elizabeth Cotton)
- Señor (Bob Dylan)
- Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss (Trad. arr. Gillian Welch & David Rawlings)
- Hello In There (John Prine)
- Poor Ellen Smith (Trad. arr. Gillian Welch & David Rawlings)
- All The Good Times Are Past And Gone (Trad. arr. Gillian Welch & David Rawlings)
- Ginseng Sullivan (Norman Blake)
- Abandoned Love (Bob Dylan)
- Jackson (Jerry Leiber, Billy Wheeler)
- Y’all Come (Arlie Duff)