In celebration of the Laurel Canyon music scene, director Andrew Slater has created the new documentary, Echo in the Canyon, which will be accompanied by an exclusive soundtrack produced by Slater and featuring interpretations of classic tracks from artists featured in the film, like Fiona Apple, Beck, Eric Clapton, Jakob Dylan, Norah Jones, Neil Young, and many more.
The documentary is set to explore “the birth of the California sound” through in-depth interviews with David Crosby, Brian Wilson, Eric Clapton, Jackson Browne, and the late Tom Petty, to whom the film is dedicated.
BMG will premiere Echo in the Canyon at ArcLight’s Cinerama Dome and The Landmark in Los Angeles on May 24 with live music performances. This Friday, April 26, at noon ET, WXPN’s World Café will broadcast a performance of songs from the soundtrack featuring Cat Power, Jakob Dylan, former Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros singer Jade Castrinos and the Echo in the Canyon band.
Below, check out the tracklist as well as a trailer for Echo in the Canyon, plus the first single shared from the soundtrack, a cover of The Mamas and the Papas’ “Go Where You Wanna Go” by Dylan and Castrinos.
Echo in the Canyon Soundtrack Tracklist:
1. Go Where You Wanna Go (feat. Jakob Dylan, Jade Castrinos)
2. The Bells Of Rhymney (feat. Beck)
3. You Showed Me (feat. Cat Power)
4. She (feat. Josh Homme)
5. In My Room (feat. Fiona Apple)
6. Goin’ Back (feat. Beck)
7. Never My Love (feat. Norah Jones)
8. It Won’t Be Wrong (feat. Fiona Apple)
9. No Matter What You Do (feat. Regina Spektor)
10. Questions (feat. Jakob Dylan, Stephen Stills)
11. I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times (feat. Neil Young)
12. Expecting To Fly (feat. Regina Spektor)
13. What’s Happening (feat. Neil Young)