After winning a partial court victory in their case against former financial backers Dentsu, organizers for the planned Woodstock 50 festival have announced they have found a new financial parter in New York’s Oppenheimer & Co., Rolling Stone reports.
Michael Lang, who helped found and organize the original Woodstock in 1969, had been working with his team to lock down new funding for the 50th anniversary celebration, set for this August in Watkins Glen, NY, and though Oppenheimer has not disclosed the amount invested, the partnership theoretically keeps the festival prospects alive, though it is certainly not a sure thing yet, as multiple permits from the state of New York are needed for Woodstock 50 to go on as planned—or to even sell tickets to the event.
“We look forward to putting on an incredible festival,” Lang said following the Oppenheimer announcement. “Words cannot express how appreciative Woodstock 50, the artists, the fans and the community are to Oppenheimer for joining with us to make W50 a reality.”
The news comes after Lang and company claimed victory after a New York Supreme Court Judge ruled that Dentsu did not have the right to cancel Woodstock 50, though the judge also said that the festival’s organizers did not have the right to the nearly $18 million that they claimed was illegally taken from their bank account by Dentsu.
As of now, Woodstock 50 is still scheduled for Aug. 16–18 in Watkins Glen, NY, with an eclectic lineup of artists like Dead & Company, Santana, Jay-Z, Robert Plant, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Brandi Carlile, Miley Cyrus, Gary Clark Jr., Sturgill Simpson, The Raconteurs and many more.