Emily White, best-selling author and music industry entrepreneur, has announced the third season of her hit podcast, How to Build a Sustainable Music Career & Collect All Revenue Streams, and unveiled a list of forthcoming guests and topics of conversation.
The first episode begins at Tower Records new Tower Labs space in White’s longtime neighborhood, Williamsburg, in Brooklyn, N.Y. Featured guests include Brooklyn Bowl owner Peter Shapiro, Browned 2 Perfection CEO Junae Brown, award-winning composer Matthew Wang, Duckworth manager Xtina Prince, Cosynd CEO Jessica Sobhraj, Audio Pictures’ Ryan Burvick, viral sensation Madison Rose, Fourthwall COO & Co-Founder Eli J. Valentin, Community’s Head of Music Erica Fagundes and others.
How to Build a Sustainable Music Career & Collect All Revenue Streams will be presented via live tapings and interactive workshops in partnership with The NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment’s New York is Music Month in June. The free workshop series will cover the entire modern music industry in full, from recording to release, all the while ensuring artists and those that support artists aren’t missing a single revenue stream along the way.
Of the forthcoming season, White offered, “This season is a love letter to my home of NYC. We are deeply honored to partner with The NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment’s New York Music Month to bring free educational content to artists and music industry folks of all ages both in-person and online. I am SO excited about the guests we’ve lined up who will take us through the modern music industry in full over 12 sessions. Huge thanks to our partners at Women in Music, MMF-US, Downtown, and Bandzoogle for their continued support and Liquid Death for killing plastic and our thirst for all attendees.”
White’s podcast has been ranked the no. 1 Music Business podcast globally, charting in over 27 countries on six continents. Past guests include Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon, Living Colour’s Vernon Reid, Run the Jewels’ Co-Manager Amaechi Uzoigwe, Warped Tour Founder Kevin Lyman, Bandcamp Founder Ethan Diamond and many more notable names.
View the season three schedule for How to Build a Sustainable Music Career & Collect All Revenue Streams below.
All episodes will be available to livestream for free upon release. Past episodes can be listened to here.
How to Build a Sustainable Music Career & Collect All Revenue Streams Season Three Schedule:
- 6/1 – E1: Get Your Art Together.
- 6/2 – E2: Pre-Recording Marketing Foundation w/ Community’s Erica Fagundes
- 6/5 – E3: Get Your Business Affairs Together & Fair Compensation w/ Cosynd CEO Jessica Sobhraj
- 6/6 – E4: How to Record With or Without a Budget w/ Audio Pictures’ Ryan Burvick
- 6/8 – E5: Music Publishing Isn’t Scary or Confusing w/ Composer Matthew Wang
- 6/9 – E6: Setting Up Your Release & Distribution Plan
- 6/12 – E7: How to Marketing With or Without a Budget w/ Browned 2 Perfection CEO Junae Brown
- 6/13 – E8: Your Live Strategy & Efficient Touring w/ Peter Shapiro – *10:30a Doors, 11a Taping w/ Networking to Follow*
- 6/20 – E9: Merch Re-Con w/ Fourthwall COO & Co-Founder Eli J. Valentin
- 6/21 – E10: Revenue Stream Checklist w/ Madison Rose
- 6/22 – Repeat & Grow!
- 6/23 – When Do I Need an Attorney, Business Manager and/or a Manager? Defining an Artist’s Traditional “Team” w/ Xtina Prince
1 Comment comments associated with this post
‘How to Build a Sustainable Music Career & Collect All Revenue Streams’ Podcast to Launch Third Season - On Tour NewsMay 24, 2023 at 1:58 pm
[…] Read More […]