On September 25, noted jazz pianist and vocalist Diana Krall will release her latest album, Glad Rag Doll. Joining forces with renowned producer T. Bone Burnett, Krall describes this album as ‘song and dance record’ with many new explorations into new sounds and new instrumentation. The follow up to 2009’s Grammy award winning album, Quiet Nights, is sure to have that typical feel and sound of a Krall record with an old school twist.
The record features some of the usual T. Bone Burnett collaborators such as Marc Ribot (Guitar, Bass, Banjo), Howard Coward (Ukulele, Mandola, Tenor Guitar, Harmony Vocals), Jay Bellerose (Drums), Dennis Crouch (Bass), Bryan Sutton (Guitars), Colin Linden (Guitars, Dobro), and Keefus Green (Keyboards, Mellotron).
Here’s a look at the album’s tracks
1. We Just Couldn’t Say Goodbye (Woods)
2. There Ain’t No Sweet Man That’s Worth the Salt of My Tears (Fisher)
3. Just Like a Butterfly That’s Caught in the Rain (Dixon/Woods)
4. You Know I Know Ev’rything’s Made for Love (Sherman/Tobias/Johnson)
5. Glad Rag Doll (Ager/Dougherty/Yellen)
6. I’m A Little Mixed Up (James/Johnson)
7. Prairie Lullaby (Hill)
8. Here Lies Love (Rainger/Robin)
9. I Used to Love You But It’s All Over Now (von Tilzer/Brown)
10. Let it Rain (Kendis/Dyson)
11. Lonely Avenue (Pomus) 12. Wide River to Cross (Miller/Miller) 13. When the Curtain Comes Down (Hoefle/Lewis/Sherman)